:: January 7, 2015
Cherry Limeade Cubes Recipe
The last in our set of three gelatin recipes…but not least. Salud!
For Grenadine Layer:
- ¾ cup grenadine
- ¼ cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
For Limeade Layer:
- 3 ounces water
- 1 cup frozen limeade (or ¾ cup fresh lime juice & 1/3 cup sugar)
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin powder (4 Tbsp)
- 6 ounces Blue Nectar Silver Tequila
- Combine water & grenadine in small saucepan, sprinkle 1 envelope gelatin on top, let stand for 1 minute
- Turn burner on to medium heat, stir and heat mixture until gelatin is dissolved
- Once done, remove from heat, pour into 9”x9” dish and put in fridge to set
- Combine limeade & water (or lime juice, sugar and water) in saucepan
- Sprinkle gelatin on top, let stand for 1-2 minutes
- Turn on burner to medium heat and heat mixture until gelatin is dissolved
- Once done, remove from heat, add tequila – taste to see if it’s sweet or sour enough and adjust with lime juice or sugar as needed
- Pour mixture into pan on top of grenadine layer, return to fridge to set
- Once set, run a spatula around the edge of the pan and fill sink with warm but not hot water. Hold the pan in the water high enough to warm the gelatin but not get water in the pan for 15-30 seconds. Flip the pan onto a cutting board to get it out of the pan, slice and serve.
Mixologist’s Tip: For a gradient effect instead of two pronounced layers, only chill the grenadine for 10 minutes before adding the limeade layer.